Re: Article: Let a Thousand Reactors Bloom

Hi all,

I was starting to reply to this when Douglas's reply came through.  I would

echo what he said, and add or at least reinforce one more thing.  Since the

moderator is hot, thermal takes on a different meaning. The energy spectrum

is higher to begin with which means more neutrons are in the U238 resonance

capture energy range.  So even if the area under the integral remained the

same the shift in energy up at higher temperatures favors capture over

fission.

Dale

daleboyce@charter.net