RE: Upcoming HBO "documentary" on Indian Point

I think that it is sad that news, i.e., information,

has to be presented in an entertainment format for

people to watch it.  Look at your local stations.

--- "Stabin, Michael"

<michael.g.stabin@Vanderbilt.Edu> wrote:

> <I always thought that a documentary dealt with

> facts and actual events,

> not speculations.

> Very funny, John, thanks! 60 Minutes has shown us

> for years that this is

> not true. In a journalists' roundtable that I saw

> some years back, Mike

> Wallace was actually taken aback by a seasoned

> journalist (sorry, I

> forget who) who pointed out that these shows are

> like sitcoms, mainly

> for entertainment, and not even remotely for

> information.

> Mike

> Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

> Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological

> Sciences

> Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

> Vanderbilt University

> 1161 21st Avenue South

> Nashville, TN 37232-2675

> Phone (615) 343-0068

> Fax   (615) 322-3764

> Pager (615) 835-5153

> e-mail     michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu

> internet   www.doseinfo-radar.com

=====

"A devotee of Truth may not do anything in deference to convention.  He must always hold himself open to correction, and whenever he discovers himself to be wrong he must confess it at all costs and atone for it."

Monhandas K. Gandhi, in "Autobiography"

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist