Time Limits

Greetings,

I would like to know if any institutions have established a possession time

limit for radioisotopes.

We have a couple of investigators that are "harvesting" old radioisotopes

with no substantive plan or proposal to use them.

Of course, these radioisotopes have a long half-life.

Lance Franklin, MS, MSCE, CHMM

Director and Radiation Safety Officer

Office of Environmental Health and Safety

Wayne State University

Detroit, Michigan 48202

313.577.1200

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication contains information from

Wayne State University that may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED,

PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are not the

intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, printing

or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this communication,

is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you received this in error, please contact

the sending party at the above telephone number and shred,

delete or otherwise destroy the information.