Re: Happy "Too Cheap To Meter" day! [FW]

Technically speaking, Strauss was right that power (eventually) could be abundant and

cheap.  Unfortunately, as long as a commodity is in demand, there will be somebody

charging a price for it.  Usually that price is "as much as the traffic will bear."

Software is one of the the very few areas where this rule is being assaulted.  On one

side you have your Microsofts, who charge as much as they can get away with, and on

the other you have groups like Source Forge, who work together to make programs that

belong to everyone.

-Gary Isenhower