AW: Happy "Too Cheap To Meter" day! [FW]

Franz Schoenhofer

PhD, MR iR

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna

AUSTRIA

phone (international) -43-699-1168-1319

phone (national) 0699-1168-1319

If anybody is to blame for this slogan, it would be the ghostwriter who

wrote Strauss’ speech, because he obviously thought he should write a

kind of a fairy tale about a bright future, forgetting about reality. It

might have been to cheap to meter – but the lump-sum for the non-metered

electricity would sure have paid for the generation and the transmission

plus a nice profit. I cannot see in these words, that the intention was

that electricity should be free of charge!!!!! Do I miss something

because of my limited knowledge of English???

Secondly regional famines are not a matter of history, we do not travel

effortlessly under the seas and for most developing countries diseases

and early death are a fact as it was fifty years ago.

This pathetic speech was nothing but an allegory for an unreal dream.

Let us leave it to that and ignore our friends, the “antis” and

“greens”, just as they deserve it.

Best regards,

Franz