Pre-Owned Radioactive Sources

RADSAFERS,

There are a number of sources that one of my researcher's no longer has a

use for:

Two of them are located at a facility here in San Diego by the name of

Maxwell Labs (formally S-Cubed).

These are two Cobalt-60 sources which originally totaled 5,820 Curies (on

15 April 1990), so you can see that they're a little less than 400 Curies

each now.  I belive that these are J.L. Shepherd sources.

>The source dimensions are as follows: Length = 3.9 inches includes 0.2

>inch thread (10-32) , Outer Diameter - 0.371 inches

>In addition, at my facility "SPAWARSYSCEN SAN DIEGO" (aka SSC-SD),  this

>same researcher has an additional number of sources which may be available

>if you're interested.  These include:

>Co-60 -       0.58 uCi

>Co-60 -       5.6  uCi

>Co-60 -      55    uCi

>Co-60 -     585    uCi

>Co-60 -   2,600    uCi (2.6 mCi)

>Cs-137 - 37,400 uCi (37 mCi)

>The person to contact for information on these sources is Russ Clement,

"Clement, Russ SPAWAR" <russ.clement@navy.mil>

619-553-5433

Please don't contact me....

Joel Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil)