TLDs as Anti-Theft Devices?

We received the following email from a worker wearing a standard Harshaw

TLD (model 7776).  Has anyone ever heard of this before?  Does anyone have

an explanation of how a TLD could act as an anti-theft device?

Subject: People Think I'm Crazy

Over the past 3 weeks, I have set off anti-theft alarms in Wal-Mart, Home

Depot, and K-Mart.  I thought it was a fluke until this morning.  This

morning after work I went into Office Max and set off the alarm going in,

which auto locks the front of the store.  I had been wearing my security

badge and TLD, but did not try only my TLD in the alarm field until this

morning.  It was my TLD that set off the alarm.  No one in RP tonight could

give me a reason why, could you?

I can't think of a reasonable explanation for the TLD setting off all the

anti-theft alarms.  Anyone else want to give it a try?

John M. Sukosky, CHP

Dominion

Surry Power Station

(757)-365-2594 (Tieline: 8-798-2594)