RE: TLDs as Anti-Theft Devices?

John,

Sandy is quite right about NOT taking dosimeters off site.  I have been

involved in cases where the TLD was accidentally exposed in a non-work

setting and caused a LOT of trouble.  Some of these have involved dosimeters

in proximity to NORM, electronic devices (low-energy x-ray leakage) etc.  It

is a poor practice and merely a matter of time before it bites you.

George J. Vargo, Ph.D., CHP

Senior Scientist

MJW Corporation

http://www.mjwcorp.com