Specific gamma-ray dose constant for 137Cs

I cannot reproduce the specific gamma ray dose constant for Cs-137 in the

Rad Health Handbook (Table 6.2.2 of the 3rd edition or Table 6.1.2 of the

1992 edition). I think it is about 10% too high. Could it be that Unger and

Trubey forgot about the internal conversion of Ba-137m (which happens in

10% of the decays)? I would appreciate any insights.

mike

Mike McNaughton

Los Alamos National Lab.

email: mcnaught@LANL.gov or mcnaughton@LANL.gov