Re: Specific gamma-ray dose constant for 137Cs

Hi all,

In addition to the 82 revision John quotes, the ANSI/ANS.6.1.1-1077 standard

used in Unger and Trubey 1981 was intended for shielding design only.  It

estimates peak dose at depth.  ANSI/ANS.6.1.1 1991 estimates Effective Dose

Equivalent, and gives much different results.  It restates that 1977 was

intended for shielding calculations, and that 1991 was intended to measure

biological effectiveness.  It doesn't state it, but the 1977 standard is

listed as "withdrawn".

Dale

daleboyce@charter.net