Karen Silkwood 30th anniversary

The 30th anniversary of Karen Silkwood's death is coming up this Saturday,

and my friends over on the folk music DJ mailing list were making some

mention of songs commemorating her death. A friend of mine had written one.

When I posted the link to the online version of the song, I also posted two

better-than-usual links to the controversy...and one that was more

interested in selling a book.

I thought I'd share them here. I'm sure that you all know more than I do

about the issue, but I was heartened by the even-handed treatment of the

issues both by PBS/Frontline/WGBH and a reporter who originally covered the

story.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/reaction/interact/silkwood.html

http://www.news.cornell.edu/Chronicle/00/5.4.00/Silkwood.html

http://www.astonisher.com/archives/silkwood.html

Oddly, the middle link, from Cornell, seemed more interested in selling the

reprint of a book from their press than in the more interesting discussions

in the first and last links.

Best,

Richard