Proxtronics

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc., Acquires Proxtronics Dosimetry

Irvine,  Calif., November 17, 2004 –

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc., a leading dosimetry services provider

(analytical determination of exposure to ionizing radiation), has agreed to

acquire the assets of Proxtronics Dosimetry, LLC for an undisclosed  amount.

Proxtronics began providing personal radiation monitoring services in  1990

and has

since become one of the most recognized names for quality and  value in the

industry.

Proxtronics has a broad customer base in the United  States primarily

offering film and TLD

(Thermoluminescent dosimeters) badge  services. “In recent years, we have

been approached

by many in the industry,  but only Global Dosimetry Solutions has

demonstrated the ability to

meet or  exceed the high level of quality and service our customers have come

to  expect”,

remarked Guy Davis, President of Proxtronics. “GDS is a great  company with

the finest people in the industry, and we are confident that our  customers

will be well served” added Davis. Global Dosimetry Solutions is  majority owned

by American Capital Strategies, Ltd.

(NASDAQ: ACAS), and has  been in the personal radiation monitoring business

for over 30

years.  According to Thomas Logan, CEO of Global Dosimetry Solutions, “The

acquisition  of

Proxtronics is a great complement to our brand, as we share a common

commitment to quality and to excellence in customer service. As a result, we are

looking forward to serving our new customers and to enhancing the legacy built

by Guy and his team at Proxtronics.”

Global Dosimetry Solutions will take  over current customer contracts for all

commercial

dosimetry processing  services and Proxtronics customers will be migrated to

GDS  badge

(more)

GDS, Inc. Acquires Proxtronics Dosimetry, LLC service over  the next several

months. “We recognize the importance of maintaining the  integrity of current

customer contracts and service levels and want to assure  Proxtronics

customers a seamless transition”, added Logan. “This deal represents  a significant

extension of our current customer base and will make a positive  contribution

towards our aggressive growth plans for 2005.”

About Global  Dosimetry Solutions Global Dosimetry Solutions, based in

Irvine, California, is  one of the world's largest providers of radiation dosimetry

services. GDS offers  a full range of services for measuring ionizing

radiation primarily through  film, thermoluminescent and track etch technologies.

Since early 1970, the  company has continually provided state-of-the-art personal

radiation monitoring  services to hospitals, medical and dental offices,

university and national  laboratories, nuclear power plants and other industries.

GDS provides services  to more than 500,000 people globally. Global Dosimetry

Solutions is majority  owned by American Capital Strategies, Ltd.

(NASDAQ: ACAS), a $3.5 billion  investment fund headquartered in Bethesda,

Maryland.

###