Re: Coast Guard gets busy signal at PSEG

Hi Lenny,

At the NRC meeting last night, NRC Region 1 head "Stonewall" Sam Collins

said that

this petty officer was set up in a separate office to make phone calls to

the owners

of intake structures to warn them about the spill (like they didn't

already know), and was

not given access to the CG database, only a list of main numbers. His job

was only that, to

send an official warning. Had there been a 'real' emergency, other CG

folks with access

to all numbers would have taken over. (Sure)

At the same time, PS and the CG were talking about the spill, and yes, the

CG does

indeed have a list of contacts at PS.

While it is maiinly just a silly episode of the right hand not knowing

what the left hand

was doing, it does raise some warning flags.

Hopefully we won't have a terrorist attack on PS, or some other dire

emergency that would

put the system to the test.

norm

--

Coalition for Peace and Justice

UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave, Linwood

NJ 08221; 609-601-8583; cell 609-742-0982

ncohen12@comcast.net; www.unplugsalem.org