Re: reply to Cedervall (was Re: uranium munitions / malformations

>"Depleted and natural uranium: chemistry and toxicological effects" in

the _Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health Part B, Critical

Reviews_; July-August 2004; vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 297-317.  The ISSN is

1093-7404.

----

This paper does not clarify the issue of whether genetic changes (due to DU

exposure) will go down the germ line and later be expressed in the next

generation as malformations (this was my key objection). The paper is about

different chemical forms of uranium and how the kinetics relating to

distribution in the body (nothing wrong with this topic). I doubt that urine

concentration is a good way to indirectly monitor what is in the testes

unless it is about long time exposure with equilibrium in the body (BTW: The

Swedish UN soldiers who came back from Kosovo had lower uranium in their

urine than they had before they left - we have a relatively high uranium

concentration in drinking water).

My personal initiative and reflections only,

Bjorn Cedervall     bcradsafers@hotmail.com