Re: European Residential Radon Pooling

Generally speaking -

A meta-analysis is a simplified pooling of the quantitative results of

different studies that focused on the same research question into single

estimates of (in this case)risks.

See: Greenhaigh T. How to read a paper. Papers that summarize other papers

(systematic reviews and meta-analyses) BMJ 1997;315:672-675.

The residential radon pooling used the INDIVIDUAL LEVEL DATA from each of the

individual studies to estimate the risk (odds ratio or excess relative risk)

and did not use the previous risk estimates from the individual studies.

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/0201/msg00754.html