Re: European Residential Radon Pooling

To the best of my flawed (rusted) recollection, the meta-studies that I

have seen reported pooled the raw data from mutiple more or less related

studies -- not risk estimated risk levels or significance levels. I'm

sorry, Bill, but I fail to see the difference. Pooling as it is being

used in this thread seems to be just a new buzzword. By the same token,

there have been "good" meta-studies or meta-analyses, and there have

been a lot that were poorly done. This is why I still believe that great

caution and detailed review is warranted regarding conclusions from such

studies. The designs and analyses of such studies have been fraught with

flaws.

Cheers,

Maury Siskel         maurysis@ev1.net