From: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu] On Behalf Of Syd H. Levine

Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 3:10 PM

To: Mccormick, Luke I; michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu;

radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: Re: Re:RE: Rep. Ed Markey Press Release

Logwell (AnaLog Services, Inc.) merely puts valid licensees together for the

recycling of sources.  This started as a labor of love before the government

got in the business of gathering up unwanted AmBe well logging sources.  So

contrary to what the good congressman implies, the Source Exchange was

instrumental in finding homes for orphaned sources long before the source

recovery program, and thus arguably contributed to national security in a

manner quite different than is suggested in the Markey press release.  In

any event, the notion we are peddling sources to terrorists is a nasty thing

to suggest and completely uncalled for.

Syd H. Levine

AnaLog Services, Inc.

Phone:  270-276-5671