RE: Alarms at Borders

Actually, the Society of Nuclear Medicine already has

taken action.

See

http://interactive.snm.org/index.cfm?PageID=3337&RPID=969

and

http://interactive.snm.org/index.cfm?PageID=556

--- "Sewell, Linda" <LMS1@PGE.COM> wrote:

> Hi All,

> I have been following this thread with interest.  We

> also have experienced a number of issues with our

> own workforce.  Being a small area, I was able to

> contact those 3 facilities that administered nuclear

> medicine treatment and talk to the nuclear medicine

> technologists.  Now we don't have too many

> surprises.

> It seems to me that this is an area where HPS and

> AAPM can help.  I have initiated a discussion with

> the HPS about trying to "solve" at least this little

> piece of the problem.  We ought to be able to use

> our two organizations to come up with some type of

> informational form that nuclear medicine providers

> could use that can be adopted for use in the US at

> least.  Some type of authentication method would

> probably have to be developed, but at least it would

> be a start.

> Happy Thursday All,

> Linda

> Linda Sewell, CHP

> Dosimetry Supervisor

> Diablo Canyon Power Plant

> MS 119/1/122

> PO Box 56

> Avila Beach, CA 93424

> 805.545.4315 (voice)

> 805.545.2618 (fax)

> mailto:lms1@pge.com

=== message truncated ===

=====

"It doesn't matter whether you're riding an elephant or a donkey if you're going in the wrong direction."

Jesse Jackson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist