RE: AW: Outlook for European NPP by Strategic Forecasting, Inc.

> It is my sincere opinion - and I have written it many times

> on RADSAFE - that radiation protection is not a matter of

> science, but of politics.

Franz,

Your sincerity and whether radiation protection, especially the regulations, involve politics, are not why your earlier email is objectionable.

What is objectionable is (in my sincere opinion) your delusional leftist nonsense that the US "illegally" attacked another country, and the specious connection to nuclear power used to post such nonsense on the RADSAFE list.

The military actions taken by the U.S. against another country (Iraq) were done legally under U.S. Public Law 107-243 (October 20, 2002; House Joint Resolution 107-114; http://www.c-span.org/resources/pdf/hjres114.pdf), and the War Powers Resolution of 1973 (Public Law 93-542).

Under the War Powers Resolution, the U.S. Congress has not exercised its authority to order the President to withdraw military forces from Iraq.  To the contrary, Congress has continued funding support for the U.S. military forces.  And until a federal court (including probably the U.S. Supreme Court) says otherwise both Public Laws are constitutional and the U.S. military action is legal.

Rick Strickert

Austin, TX