Use of Contract Radiation Technicians

We are currently using a combination of house and contract radiological

technicians at the West Valley Demonstration Project (D&D work).  The

question has been asked, how do we train/verify training of contract

technicians and how do we use them in the field.

I am looking for some information from other facilities (utilities,

government, LABs etc).  How do you train/verify training of new contract

technicians (written tests, oral boards, practicals), how long does it

typically take to have them ready to go to work at your facility, and

how do you utilize them in the field (routine work, any type work etc).

Any information you can provide will be appreciated.

Contact me directly at dave.biela@wvnsco.com or 716-942-4423.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dave Biela, Sr Health Physicist