New Radsafe moderator

Dear Radsafers:

(This message is for information only. DO NOT make any changes in your

Radsafe configuration at this time.)

I would like to introduce the new moderator of the Radsafe mailing list,

Marcel Schouwenburg. Marcel is from the Delft University of Technology

in the Netherlands. He currently is head of the Training department (in

Delft) of the National Center for Radiation Protection (Dutch abbr.:

NCSV), Reactor Institute Delft, faculty of Applied Sciences. With a

background in analytical chemistry he started his career in Health

Physics in 1992 as a radiation safety officer. From that time he also

started participating in training and education in the field of

radiation protection on all levels offered in the Netherlands. He

teaches a course in Radiochemistry and Liquid Scintillation Counting for

students in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences of Leiden University (and

others). Finally he is a member of the Dutch Health Physics society

(NVS) and a member of the editorial board of the society's quarterly

magazine NVS nieuws (NVS news).

The proposed new list page may be viewed at

address is m.schouwenburg@iri.tudelft.nl. I am pleased to think about

the list becoming more international in its membership. It is certainly

already an international list, but its being located for the first time

in Europe will certainly help to increase more non-US participation. We

all can learn much from our non-American colleagues in practice,

regulations, and other areas.

The interactive list can be moved rather easily. Marcel appears to be

ready as well to accept the archives and provide a browsing and

searching engine with no real "down time". We are giving some notice,

however, before closing the Vanderbilt list, as some of you may be

traveling or otherwise may need a bit of time to set up for the

transition. For the most part, you will just need to change the list

address to radsafe@radlab.nl (DO NOT do this now; other messages with

further instructions will follow). Subscribed members will be

automatically transferred over to the regular or digest lists. Anyone

coming back to the list after an absence will receive an automated reply

directing them to the new address and web page. We anticipate making the

move over the weekend of Feb 5-6.

As I have stated before, being your moderator for 4 years has been more

than a pleasure. It was an honor, a learning experience, and a time of

growing for me in my knowledge of many of you and of the practice of

health physics. It was also far from being a thankless job - I have

received hundreds of supportive, thankful, and helpful emails. Your

input and attention to the list makes it what it is today, and being

moderator has been a rewarding experience. Thank you again for the

opportunity to do so. I will continue for the forseeable future, of

course, as a Radsafe member.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068