[ RadSafe ] Re: Radiation deficiency remediation

Marcel Schouwenburg m.schouwenburg at iri.tudelft.nl
Sat Apr 9 15:05:36 CEST 2005

Posted on behalf of Y.C. Luan  Senor Scientist of NuSATA and Consultant of
NBC Society

Dr John Jacobus:

I always encourage all scientists to create a vaccine like polio,
inflrenza and dipteria for cancers, and I showed them the effect of
chronic radiation could prevent cancers, but I do not know what would be
the proper way to do  it. Since the Taiwan residents lived continously in
the Co-60 apartment, their cancers were effectively prevented, how could
we do that? could we give a tiny piece of Co-60 for putting on the living
room ceilig? Dr. Sakai tested mice with low-dose-rate are good for
reducing tumor, diabetis and AIDS, I encouraged him to inject certain long
half-life isotope to mice for obervation of the reduction effects.

You said the Taiwan data without a vigorous review can not be considered
significant, that is right and that is why I always try to have the
interantional communities to confirm it. I worked for atomic and radiation
protection for almost 50 years, I have to have some claims about radiation
effects induced to the irradiated residents for 6 years and they had
continously received the radiation for 16 years. When the first medical
review (no official minute or record,only media report) by about 1000
residesnts (with >5 mSv/y) by many nuclear medical doctors from the
imortant hospitals in 1992, my first conclusion was that no one cancer
death was unbelivable, When the residents grew to about 4000 (included
residents with dose> 1mSv/y) and still no cancer deaths in 1996, my
conclusion to it was almost impossible. I presnet a public letter to the
country to worry no more of Co-60 contamination,  I was invited by Dr
Muckerheide to present our paper" chronic radiation might be an effective
immunity of cancers"
I do not care whether ICRP, IRPA etc consider the chronic radation is
always beneficial to people, If I could convenice them, there will be
possility for radiation to be used as vaccine to reduce the misery of
cancers.Two of my closet colleages died in cancer in two years and one is
suffering an incidence, The cancer mortality increased two times in 20
years in Taiwan, and some thing the same in USA according Dr Luckey. I
hope there is vaccine for cancer and  which will be really effective. I
saw influenza had revers effective to people when there was SARS in
Taiwan.

Best regards

Y.C. Luan  Senor Scientist of NuSATA and Consultant of NBC Society