[ RadSafe ] Nukes are Green

Maury Siskel maurysis at ev1.net
Tue Apr 12 07:53:25 CEST 2005

I agree -- analog is to tout NPP in any holier-than-thou context.. The
climate change thing is phony; some  disagreement notwithstanding. No
matter;  nuclear power must stand (and easily can) on its own scientific
and engineering merits. The serious problems only surface when
employment, public admission of errors, and wasted public funding become
apparent. Fly in syrup remains the role of governmental politics. Even
the cost of nuclear power is artificially inflated by opposition lurking
in legislative and judicial refuges. The problems are long since
independent of science and engineering. The light is dawning at an
agonizingly slow pace. But it is dawning.
Cheers,
Maury&Dog      Maury Siskel   maurysis at ev1.net

Jerry Cohen wrote:

> [...]

April 9, 2005  OP-ED COLUMNIST