[ RadSafe ] nuclear power is nowhere near green (was Re: Nukes are Green)

John_Rich at fpl.com John_Rich at fpl.com
Tue Apr 12 15:21:12 CEST 2005

Mr. Salsman et. al.

I'll make this short.

If wind power is so good why isn't there more of it?  It isn't even used to
power ships in the sea routes where the trade winds are reasonably
reliable.  No conspiracy theories please - those are nonsense,
unsupportable, and unworthy of educated people.  Broad statements about the
use of ponded water to levelize the energy output are not adequate for an
economic argument.  Nothing against wind and solar power, but the effort to
make them work on a large scale just hasn't produced a great advance.

john rich

my opinion only, not that of management, consultants or the people who
think I am sitting here busily working for them.