AW: [ RadSafe ] Bob Cherry on pyrophoric uranium munitions

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed Apr 13 01:29:22 CEST 2005

John,

Thank you for reminding me and RADSAFE to the fact that the major risk
of uranium exposure is kidney damage because of the chemical properties
of uranium as a heavy metal. US legislation has confirmed that by
limiting U-concentrations in drinking water on the basis of mass
concentrations and not activity concentrations. Unfortunately in Europe
we still have no uranium limits by mass concentrations, but on activity
concentrations.

The claims of those self announced experts like James Salsman should be
simply ignored. Body burden can be and has been easily assessed by
excretion analysis. There are a lot of reports on that issue.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
PhD, MR iR
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
AUSTRIA
phone -43-0699-1168-1319

Killing
> hundreds of thousands of people in an unjustified and illegal war is
one
> side - come on flamers, I will not react to any flame!!!  - but
blaming
> depleted uranium for a few casualities (which I categorically deny) is
> another case. Especially I find it obscene to mourn a very limited
> numbers of alleged victims of DU while the absolute majority of real
> victims of DU ammunition have been killed instantly and not by what
you
> call poison gas, nitrogen compounds of pyrophoric uranium munition ,
UO3