[ RadSafe ] more on John R. Johnson's opinion of uranium combustion product compounds

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Wed Apr 13 22:05:26 CEST 2005

The World Health Organization disagrees with Dr. Johnson:

"until more information on the chemical form of uranium and DU in
the environment is obtained, it would be prudent to assume that it
is in a soluble form (ICRP Type F)."

-- A. Pfister, "Chapter 8, The Chemical Toxicity of Uranium" in
_Depleted Uranium: Sources, Exposure and Health Effects_ (WHO
Ionizing Radiation Unit, 2001)
http://www.who.int/ionizing_radiation/pub_meet/en/Depluranium4.pdf