[ RadSafe ] Re: Radiation deficiency remediation

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 15:21:13 CEST 2005

Dr. Luan,
It is not that simple to take the number of cancers
divided by the population.  It is better to look at
the number of cancers in various age groups.

Consider that young people years ago smoked
cigarettes.  With improved medical care and nutrition,
people are living longer, so there are more older
people.  As the those who smoked as young people get
older, increasing numbers die of cancer.  Thus, it
looks like more cancers are occurring.  However, if
the current young people do not smoke, the lung cancer
rates will go down as they get older.  That is part of
what we are seeing the U.S.  If Tiawanese stop smoking
and the older smokers die, your cancer rates will also
decrease.

--- yuan-chi luan <nbcsoc at hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Dear Dr. Jacobus:

Thanks for you imforamtion of NIC about the increasing
cancer in the USA. I am not qualified to talk any
thing on this topic, but the cancer mortality
increasing to humanity is always concerned with the
hmanity. I do not know the assertion of Dr. Calabrease
though he  studies the relationship with radological,
chemical and biological substances.

The cancer mortality is increasing is indicated in
many reference. The NIC indicated the situation
started to have some change since 1990, it is a good
thing to know.    Computig the the cancer mortality in
Taiwan is very simple, the number of the cancer deaths
divided by the number of population in that  year. I
could not figure out clearly how the cancer mortality
rate was obtained in gigure A and B in the NIC
Statements. I do not want to make comment. I want the
NIC will think over the Co-60 contamination  incidence
in Taiwan.

Y.C.  Luan

blc+ at pitt.edu,  uniqueproducts at comcast.net
hflong at pacbell.net, jjcohen at prodigy.net,
radsafe at radlab.nl, radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl,
shliu at iner.gov.tw
>Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Re: Radiation deficiency
remediation
>Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:14:01 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Dr. Luan,
>
>With regard to increasing cancer in the U.S., please
>see the following, particularly Figure A
>
>http://www3.cancer.gov/legis/testimony/senfy2001.html
>
>. . .

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com