[ RadSafe ] Re: Nukes are Green

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 14:11:36 CEST 2005

Maybe because it has some validity in certain, but not
all, situations.  If you at some of the scientific
data, clearly defined linear effects can be shown to
exist at extremely low doses.  However, linearity does
not appear to exist in some epidemiological studies.

My point is that the LNT can and is misapplied, and
probably is for human populations.  However, to use a
broad brush statement is not good science.  Neither is
saying that hormesis is clearly demonstrated is valid.

As someone recently remarked to me, you need to
separate the science from the policy.

--- "Syd H. Levine" <syd.levine at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Perpetual in the sense that the argument or
> discourse never seems to end,
> certainly.  But I meant the wise crack in the sense
> that LNT was like an
> engine that did not know it was subject to the laws
> of science and refused
> to die.

=== message truncated ===

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com