AW: [ RadSafe ] Re: First Ever Intentional Hormetic X-Ray Exposure ?

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Fri Apr 15 18:46:01 CEST 2005

Jay,

The history of using (or trying to use) x-rays and radioactive
substances for curing is negligibly younger than their history. In parts
it is parallel to the development of spas. Using radioactive material
(uranium ore, radium salts, home made radon water etc.) in order to
eliminate the need to visit not only the European but even other spas in
other parts of the world like the USA, is well known and extensively
described. A whole industry lived on it. But you forget that visiting
spas was in the old days to a large extent a social "necessity" and a
part of the culture of middle and high class, in order to meet
collegues, fellow artists, even important political meetings were
encountered when the Russian Czar went to Carlsbad in the nowadays Czech
Republic, then part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. This was long before
radium and radon were discovered and it still is!

If you look into old literature you may find out that someone else has
developed a radon foot bath 100 years ago, so you might spare the
effort.

BTW the radium- and radon-cures are commonly referred to "quack
cures"...

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer