[ RadSafe ] Kenny Duncan tribunal details

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Sun Apr 17 20:09:39 CEST 2005

Julian Ginniver wrote:

> In your response I saw no evidence that the report had either been
> superseded, OR rejected by the UK Government.

By superseded, I meant that the authors of the report called, within
the report, for further study, and formed the official Depleted Uranium
Oversight Board to carry out that study.  By rejected, I was referring
to the decisions on evidence at the Kenny Duncan hearing.

>... I have tried to obtain details of this decision, however I can
> only find newspaper reports or summaries on anti DU websites.

The original newspaper report is available for a fee from:
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/smgpubs/536762421.html?did=536762421&FMT=ABS&FMTS=FT
but has been archived at many sites, e.g.:
   http://www.unknownnews.net/040210du.html

> I found the web site for the tribunals and am hoping that in the
> near future their promised search engine for decisions will allow
> me to review the actual judgement/decision that was written by
> the tribunal.

I hope so, but I see they are only planning to publish "selected"
decisions.  I believe you can obtain a copy of the decision and its
transcripts from:

pensions.appeal at dca.gsi.gov.uk
or:
http://www.pensionsappealtribunals.gov.uk/info/feedback.htm
or:
Pensions Appeal Tribunals Venue for Scotland
Columbus House, Langstone Business Park
Chepstow, Newport
NP18 2LX
Tel: 01633 416705
Fax: 01633 416735
or:
Ms. E. Johnson
Pensions Appeal Tribunals Customer Service
Procession House
55 Ludgate Hill
London EC4M 7JW
Tel: 020 7029 9800
Fax: 020 7029 9801

I know the U.K. has just recently instituted a new Freedom of
Information law which should make it much easier to obtain the
records.  I hope you will share them with me and the list if
and when you do obtain them.

Sincerely,
James Salsman