[ RadSafe ] Management in Respirators?

Dave Biela Dave.Biela at wvnsco.com
Tue Apr 19 17:02:23 CEST 2005

I am looking for many responses to this one.

West Valley Demonstration Project recently experienced a DOE radcon
program audit and an observation was made noting that WVDP radcon and
operations supervision, upper management and directors do not generally
make entries into highly contaminated areas where respiratory protection
and suit-ups are required.  We are trying to determine how common
management entries into this type of area are in the DOE complex and at
other commercial nuclear facilities. Would you please respond to the
following question as it relates to your facility?

How often does your facility's first line supervision, upper
management (radcon and operations organizations), and directors
accompany their subordinates into highly contaminated, radiologically
controlled areas, where respiratory protection and suit-ups are
required, to verify the adequacy of engineering controls, performance of
their subordinates, and interaction with other work groups?

Please identify what type of facility you come from.

dave.biela at wvnsco.com

Thank You in advance for your response.

Dave Biela