AW: [ RadSafe ] EUROs to Germany?

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sun Apr 24 22:31:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

You should be aware, that Europe is rather ununiform concerning banking
services. As an Austrian I can give you only a recommendation.

There is no question, that you should be able to send from any bank in
the USA "a few dozen Euros" to any bank in Germany. The problem might be
not the exchange rate, which is fixed, but the bank charges, which due
to my experience might be incredibly high and for low sums prohibitive.

Having bought quite a few books on radioactivity matters in the USA on
e-bay I either used Pay-Pal or even easier sent dollar bills by
registered mail.

I would recommend that you send dollar bills by registered mail to your
counterpart in Germany after having checked with them how much their
bank charges would be for changing them into EUROS.

For the counterpart there is another option. Earlier I have saved US$ to
use them at my frequent visits to the USA or other countries. In the
light of the development of US politics less people from Europe travel
to the USA, including me. Dollars are still welcome in many developing
countries, but the Euro is stepping up.

Hope this helps,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer