[ RadSafe ] New Shielding Symposium

ROBBARISH at aol.com ROBBARISH at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 08:13:01 CEST 2005

Dear colleagues:

A few weeks ago I participated as a speaker at the radiation shielding
symposium organized by the Southeast Chapter of the American Association of
Physicists in Medicine (SEAAPM). There was an overflow crowd, and people  who were
interested in attending had to be turned away. From my perspective, as  someone
who is now exclusively doing shielding design work, all of  the talks were
extremely well organized and particularly useful.

That symposium occurred shortly after the publication of the new NCRP  Report
No. 147 on medical x-ray imaging facility shielding.

It is expected that AAPM TG-57, which has finished its work on a new
document addressing radiotherapy shielding, will also have its report published  by
the NCRP sometime in the next few months.

A local medical physics consulting company has organized another two-day
symposium, to be held on 29 and 30 September, here in New York City. Authors of
these new diagnostic and therapy related NCRP reports will be the featured
speakers.

To learn about this educational symposium go to:

_http://www.ictradiotherapy.com/events.asp_
(http://www.ictradiotherapy.com/events.asp)

Rob Barish