[ RadSafe ] Determining Radon

Blankenship, James D James.D.Blankenship at constellation.com
Mon Apr 25 14:54:58 CEST 2005

Douglas,

A number of vendors market field (or at least relatively portable)
instruments that may be of use in a high radon environment. My
experience is with the CM-11 from Thermo, which runs a radon recognition
algorithm (and yes, Franz, we all understand that the instrument
actually detects progeny), but a good web search will yield many
options.

Depending on your budget and your philosophy on personnel release
methods, you may find an option that will provide some relief for that
long line of people standing in front of the fan!

Daren Blankenship