[ RadSafe ] FW: BWCHPS Annual Business Meeting: Saturday, May 14, 2005

Bob Cherry BobCherry at cox.net
Wed Apr 27 03:19:06 CEST 2005

  _____

From: Karl Fischer
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 9:14 PM
To: Karl Fischer
Subject: BWCHPS Annual Business Meeting: Saturday, May 14, 2005

Fellow BWCHPS Member,

The Baltimore-Washington Chapter of the Health Physics Society cordially
invites you to attend the Annual Business Meeting, our final meeting of the
Chapter year.  This event will include Affiliate member exhibitions, a
series of informative presentations, a great all-you-can-eat lunch buffet, a
free open bar, live entertainment, self-guided tours of the NASA-GSFC
Visitor Center, and NO RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC!  We've purposely scheduled this
one on a Saturday (as many other Chapters have done), in hopes that we can
include our regulars as well as those who find it difficult to attend our
normal dinner meetings.  **Please note the reservation deadline.**

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Location

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

Recreation Center

Greenbelt, MD

Agenda

9:00      Registration and Affiliate Set-up

9:30      President's Welcome

9:35      "FDA's Role in Security Screening Systems: Radiation Risks,
Privacy Laws and Public Concern" by Dr. Orhan Suleiman

10:00    "Radiation Safety in Medicine: Radiation Dose and Risk Assessment"
by Dr. Orhan Suleiman

10:25    Break and Affiliate Exhibitions

11:00    "The Gift of Fear and Survival Skills in a Time of Nuclear
Terrorism" by Raymond Johnson

11:30    "Ralph Lapp: A Lifetime of Health Physics" by Dr. Christopher Lapp

12:00    Buffet luncheon and open bar, with traditional Irish music serenade
by Sior-Og (Mike Schaeffer and associates)

1:15      Affiliate Presentations

2:00      BWCHPS Business Meeting

            President's Report

            President-Elect's Report

            Secretary's Report

            Treasurer's Report

            Awards and Recognitions

            Closing Comments

3:00      Adjournment and self-guided tours of NASA Visitor Center
(directions provided)

Menu

BBQ chicken, spiced shrimp with cocktail sauce, BBQ-flavored rice with
scallions, oven-roasted vegetables, salad, rolls and dessert (cheesecake,
carrot cake, lemon wedges, and more).  Free beer, wine, and soft drinks,
too!

Cost

Current Chapter members - $20

Non-members - $25

Students - $10

Once again - beer and wine are included in the meal cost.  You simply can't
beat this deal.

Reservations

Advance reservations are required for this meeting!  Due to facility
security requirements, you must be on the access list - unreserved walk-ins
may have difficulty gaining access to the site.  Please confirm your
reservation with Neil Barss (NEIL.M.BARSS at saic.com or 703-676-8041) by 9:00
a.m. on Wednesday 5/11/05.

Directions

 <http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/indepth/maps_mapsdirections.html>
http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/indepth/maps_mapsdirections.html
>From the Capital Beltway (I-495/95), take exit 22A (MD-295 North) and then
exit on Greenbelt Road (MD-193).  Follow Greenbelt Road East for
approximately two miles to NASA-Goddard on your left.  Continue for about
0.2 miles to the next traffic signal and turn LEFT on Soil Conservation
Road.  Continue up the hill and turn RIGHT into the East Campus.  Check in
with the guard, who should issue a pass and allow you to enter.  Bring photo
identification!  If your name is not on the access list, you will be
required to proceed to the main gate and call for an escort to the
Recreation Center.

Karl W. Fischer, CHP

Secretary, BWCHPS

www.bwchps.org <http://www.bwchps.org/>