[ RadSafe ] More on Chernobyl

Dukelow, James S Jr jim.dukelow at pnl.gov
Fri Apr 29 00:31:14 CEST 2005

John,

You overstate the compensation programs.  Although Congress stampeded
over the DOE Worker Compensation cliff several years ago, not much has
been paid and it never applied to just "anyone" who worked at DOE (or
its contractors).  There has been no Hanford downwinder compensation
program although many lawsuits have been bumping around in the court
system for 10-15 years now.  Trials for the first **six** plaintiffs
just got underway.

Best regards.

Jim Dukelow
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Richland, WA
jim.dukelow at pnl.gov

These comments are mine and have not been reviewed and/or approved by my
management or by the U.S. Department of Energy.