[ RadSafe ] Determining Radon

Nardi, A. Joseph nardiaj at westinghouse.com
Fri Apr 29 00:34:57 CEST 2005

One interesting technique I saw was to use "Saran Wrap" in bulk rolls.  If
you pull off a large piece it will pick up a static charge.  Then pass it
over the contaminated clothing and it will pick up the contamination,
particularly radon daughters.  This does not solve the instrument detection
issues but it allows you to release the individual faster.

 A. Joseph Nardi
Westinghouse Electric Company
P.O. Box 355
Pittsburgh, PA 15230