[ RadSafe ] Nuclear is key to energy future

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 20:21:49 CEST 2005

How much did the sea levels rise when Greenland was
"green?"  The glacier in the middle had lasted for
millions of years.  Essentially, only the edges
melted.
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/resources/askjack/2004-09-01-ice-core-ages_x.htm

I think you example is weak, at best.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> As a SF suburb resident, I must point out the often
> unscientific advocacies of my central city
> neighbors. They demonized nuclear energy - until it
> now serves their greater purpose of world
> authoritarianism (with them in charge) via emissions
> credits via State of Fear (see Michael Crichton's
> best seller).
>
> Below, "-science warns that we are fast reaching a
> point of irreversible global
> warming with consequences for sea levels, species
> extinction, epidemic
> disease, drought and severe weather events that will
> disrupt all
> civilization."  BS! See www.oism.org/pproject for
> rebuttle endorsed by 17,000 scientists.
> We state the opposite of the above.
>
> Or just think: did even Venice flood when Greenland
> was green, 1,000 years ago?
>
> Howard Long
> . . .

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com