[ RadSafe ] Nuclear is key to energy future

Baratta, Edmond J EBARATTA at ORA.FDA.GOV
Fri Apr 29 21:10:26 CEST 2005

Iceland was named thus to discourage people from visiting and colonizing it.
Greenland was named for the opposite reason.  The Vikings were not stupid.

Edmond J. Baratta
Radiation Safety Officer
Tel. No. 781-729-5700, ext 728
FAX: 781-729-3593

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On Behalf
Of John Jacobus
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 2:22 PM
To: howard long; Jose Julio Rozental; Radsafe
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Nuclear is key to energy future

How much did the sea levels rise when Greenland was
"green?"  The glacier in the middle had lasted for
millions of years.  Essentially, only the edges
melted.
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/resources/askjack/2004-09-01-ice-core-ages_x
.htm

I think you example is weak, at best.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> As a SF suburb resident, I must point out the often
> unscientific advocacies of my central city
> neighbors. They demonized nuclear energy - until it
> now serves their greater purpose of world
> authoritarianism (with them in charge) via emissions
> credits via State of Fear (see Michael Crichton's
> best seller).
>
> Below, "-science warns that we are fast reaching a
> point of irreversible global
> warming with consequences for sea levels, species
> extinction, epidemic
> disease, drought and severe weather events that will
> disrupt all
> civilization."  BS! See www.oism.org/pproject for
> rebuttle endorsed by 17,000 scientists.
> We state the opposite of the above.
>
> Or just think: did even Venice flood when Greenland
> was green, 1,000 years ago?
>
> Howard Long
> . . .

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the
result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com

For information on how to subscribe/unsubscribe and other settings visit: