[ RadSafe ] Re: Chernobyl - no effort to compare with controls, as in Taiwan apts

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 29 21:44:39 CEST 2005

Wrong again, John.
"Assuming the age and income distributions - same " indeed, was all the anti-nuc Taiwan officials would permit. "However, the findings - are such a departure" "3.5/100,000 person years" vs 116  -- just 3% of expected cancer !! What possible differences in population?

Even if all were youngsters, that couldn't account for such vast difference.

Howard Long

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
Actually, there is no population control in this
article. As a person who claims to have studied
epidemiology, you should recognize some potential
problems, e.g., no control of age, life style, etc.

Read it again with a skeptical eye rather through rosy
glasses. You might learn something new.

e-mail: crispy_bird at yahoo.com