AW: [ RadSafe ] Fwd: [abolition-caucus] Horror of DU not limited to Iraq

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat Apr 30 01:26:51 CEST 2005

Norman,

Are these people who distribute these horror stories paid by some secret
union of psychiatrists? Maybe they are paid by the massmedia which need
horror stories to enhance their number of spectators or buyers?

This message is really a new highlight in horror stories. One must be
more than paranoic to fear DU to be distributed from Iraq via sandstorms
all over the world and harming people there. Not even in the vicinity of
a tank destroyed by DU ammunition there is any risk.

Whether the use of this ammunition is like or not, I cannot understand,
why it should have been illegally used. This is one of the most used
words to criminalize something without any background.

Your "expert" is not worth anything, I could tell you quite a lot more
about the Chernobyl accident and its effect on Europe. Thousands of tons
of nuclear fuel and graphite were burning and thus emitting mostly
short-lived fission products into the atmosphere. Your "expert" is
comparing this with local DU use?

"Children" - this works well in mass media.

------------------------

No, Norman, I stop commenting, because I cannot see any reason why to
waste my time on such clear nonsense.

These horror stories are well suited to frighten people and to enhance
existing psychical problems.

I accuse those, distributing these totally unfounded horror stories in
the mass media, to enhance the number of suicides of labile persons. I
condemn those responsible for it because of their irresponsible
behaviour, which lacks any scientific background.

Those persons distributing these horror stories should clearly step
forward and condemn all wars, whether DU is used or anything else, not
to talks about nuclear weapons. To condemn DU without condemning the
politics and the wars in which it is used is sanctimonious.

Norman, I am surprised about you - don't you always use the word
"peace"?

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer