[ RadSafe ] RE: Radiation Sources at the U.S. Capitol and Library of Congress Buildings

Stabin, Michael michael.g.stabin at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sat Feb 5 15:56:42 CET 2005

>Most of actively participating persons on RADSAFE are not able to put data like the ones distributed by the cited site into perspective, otherwise they would have to understand the message..

Radsafe is like other email lists in many ways - it is of course an excellent resource, but people post whatever they like, it may or may not be credible, it may or may not be well thought out, and the reader must choose what is accepted and what is not. It is too bad that some are very reactive and some lack a sense of humor or perspective at times. But the list is very good anyway!

>Now again: is this comment a part of the Anti-American attitude I have been accused of recently?

This relates to the first part. I can tell the difference between being strongly opposed to the Iraq war (which we are not going to debate here, of course) and being "anti American". I hate what happened on 9/11 and in WWII but I am not "anti Muslim" or "anti German". I don't like the views of many of the irresponsible anti-nukes, but I can separate their arguments from them. Many really lose my respect when they engage in knowingly deceptive practices to advance their arguments (e.g. Tooth Fairies), but others who passionately hold their beliefs and defend them with reasonable arguments have my respect, if not my concordance with their views.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University
1161 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-2675
Phone (615) 343-0068