[ RadSafe ] An Advocate of Spring Cleaning

Harry J. Newman, CHP hnewman at nextep.cc
Mon Feb 7 22:17:07 CET 2005

I cast my lot with those who would not include company/personal propaganda on the site and that it should be used for technical exchange only.
A little "spring cleaning" would be greatly appreciated.
And Marcel, THANKS for taking over the site!
Harry

Harry J. Newman, CHP
Principal/Technical Director
NEXTEP Environmental, Inc.
808 Lyndon Lane, Ste. 201
Louisville, KY  40222
(502) 339-9767
(502) 339-9275 (fax)
(502) 777-2857 (cell)
hnewman at nextep.cc

NOTICE:  This electronic mail transmission is for the use of the named
individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information
that is privileged or confidential.  It is not to be transmitted to or
received by anyone other than the named addressee (or a person authorized to
deliver it to the named addressee).  It is not to be copied or forwarded to
any unauthorized persons.  If you have received this electronic mail
transmission in error, delete it from your system without copying or
forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by replying via email or
by calling NEXTEP Environmental, Inc. at (502) 339-9767 (collect), so that our
address record can be corrected.  Thank You.

Encapsulated message follows:
On 7 Feb 2005 at 7:15, John R Laferriere wrote:
> Hello, Marcel- Welcome and thank you for taking over the list!  Sandy
> just asked whether there were any rules changes for radsafe.  There is
> one thing that Sandy posts that I feel is inappropriate.  When he
> posts news articles, he sometimes includes PR Newswire releases about
> his own company*.  PR Newswire is a for-pay service that companies use
> to help publicize their businesses.  The releases are normally written
> by the company, which then pays PR Newswire to publish the "news"
> release.  In my opinion, this is advertising, not news.  As far as I
> can remember, there is a prohibition on advertising on radsafe.  It
> would be one thing if he published PR Newswire releases of other
> dosimetry vendors (like Landauer), but I have never seen one.  Given
> the change in listserve leadership, now would be a good time to bring
> this subject up with Sandy, if you are in agreement with my views.
>
> *(Global Dosimetry Solutions.  There are two instances of this in
> Sandy's rasdsafe news posts within the last 3-4 weeks.)
I don't see this as an issue, since what I posted is in the news,
and, is information.
I'll go with whatever the list memebers want, and particularly the
rule that Marcel states.

-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614
Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1902
E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net
Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/