[ RadSafe ] RE: did everyone get this email?

Jim Hoerner jim_hoerner at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 03:05:05 CET 2005

Personally, I find all the off-topic messages (like this one I am writing
here) more offensive than Franz's original post which was at least on-topic,
even if it was poorly worded and interpreted in a way that it was not
intended.  Many of the replies were, well, _inflammatory_.  Y'all wannabe
moderators keep it up; it is quite humorous.  Franz contributes to this list
in more ways than one, and if you are offended by his small words, you might
want to unplug that cord leading to the wall.  This is the internet.  We say
things in different ways here.  We are diverse.  It is good.

Where do you draw the line for the following potential responses to a
post?...

A.  That's not correct.
B.  You are wrong.
C.  You should have thought about that better.
D.  Even my teenage child got that right.
E.  Anyone who got that wrong is unqualified to work at the Green Pasture
Atomic Energy Farm.
F.  That was an ignorant comment bu you.
G.  Pardon me poor English.  What you say, is like idiot.
H.  Your momma dresses you funny.

Anyway, remember, it takes a small mind to be offended by small words.  And
be careful not to cross that fine line between moderating and flat-out
censoring just because you don't like the way someone said something.

Franz was on-topic and asking for clarification in a direct, perhaps
impolite, way to someone who had a weird email address and asked an unclear
question.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  Let the moderator do his "job", and
keep the chatter off-list.  Or not, just like me here :-).

Franz, you are my kind of American.  :-)  One who speaks his mind.  Your
posts are interesting, particularly when I disagree with you or your
attitude.  How much can I learn from someone who agrees with me?

Feel free to inflame me away now that I've had my two Euros.

Enough chatter.  As for the original question, the poster should clarify his
question (like Franz said in not so nice a way), but I'll offer
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Know_Nukes/message/11623

Regards,
Jim
Moderator, Know_Nukes

--
"A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to." - Granville
Hicks

"If you can't annoy somebody with what you write, I think there's little
point in writing." - Kingsley Amis

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too." -
Voltaire

say it." - Evelyn Hall

"We can learn a lot from Franz." - me