[ RadSafe ] CDC on Dirty Bombs

Jose Julio Rozental joseroze at netvision.net.il
Sat Feb 12 13:51:31 CET 2005

Gerry,

You have asked for comments - OK, I have a comment to colleagues, Emergency
Responders and Regulatory Authorities,  all over the world.

With simple changes all these questions were made in Goiania, - these and
hundreds more. If, today was not a dirty bomb, however a Cs-137 source like
Goiania the questions would be the same. I know, because besides general
coordination I was also official spokesperson. - Communication and public
education is, no doubt, topics of highest priorities, I wrote this 15 years
ago.
I can affirm looking these questions today, almost the same that were made
17 years  ago in Goiania, that lessons were not fully learned.

Jose Julio Rozental
joseroze at netvision.net.il
Israel