AW: [ RadSafe ] Charlotte-based Duke Power considering building newnuclear plant

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Feb 22 00:23:41 CET 2005

Dear Sandy,

I really appreciate that you did not give in to some RADSAFErs and that
you continue to post your news. I still forward those of interest for
Europeans to my private clientele at the Austrian Radiation Protection
Society, since you once agreed on it. They really appreciate it.

In this posting it is interesting for me, that my little, "nuclear free"
Austria shows up in an international context. Therefore I want to
comment on it. It is also a very good example of falsified importance.
"Court" is not "court" in different places. Its ruling might be decisive
or it might be a joke, like in this context.

The court addressed ("Vienna district court") is the very lowest court
imaginable. The court in question is the Hernalser Bezirksgericht,
responsible for a small percentage of Viennese inhabitants and which
handles questions like accepting requests for divorce, notification of
stolen documents (as far as not the police is in charge), regulating the
handling of the last will etc. Unfortunately I know it.

That the judge made such a ruling will most probably be very negative
for her. Obviously she did not consult any experts (which ones....?) and
the ruling that there would be any negative effect by whichever nuclear
power plant on the table of Glawischnig is ridiculous for anyone
following the ruling.

The Austrian public is extremely negative towards nuclear power, but
this ruling has caused almost everywhere in Austria laughing and
ridiculing.

The greens of course sell this as a big victory to international papers
and news agencies. I hope RADSAFErs will be able to judge it in the
light of my comment accordingly.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer