[ RadSafe ] Re: Our own Worst Enemy

Pete_Bailey at fpl.com Pete_Bailey at fpl.com
Tue Feb 22 15:08:50 CET 2005

As we contemplate how to handle the situation, let's not forget the
hypocrisy we will present . . .

We try to convince responders that a few mrem, a few dpm/cm2 , etc is
virtually harmless,
all the while we in the nuclear industry jump through our butts over  "a
few mrem, a few dpm/cm2".

Would this be a classic (parental) case of "Do as I say, not as I do"  ?

We need to empasize : Their few mrem is a one-time deal; our avoidance of a
"few mrem" is
to minimize the repeated exposure to "a few mrem"....

Oh, law suits are launched over "a few mrem, a few dpm/cm2" too . . .

Mega-effort over pico-risk