[ RadSafe ] markey-connection between infant mortality and nu kes

Norm Cohen ncohen12 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 24 18:44:29 CET 2005

answers below in the *****'s

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:53:10 -0800, Flood, John <FloodJR at nv.doe.gov> wrote:

> [...]

***** I don't have a yearly effluent report in front of me. They are
available
on ADAMS. Many of the measurements have accepted error rates from
50-100%*****

**** Maybe the nuke companies play with their numbers or re-calibrate the
sensors *****

**** yes ****

>>      Even so, the amount of documented sr90 in the reports is small. ---
>
> Wouldn't that be the objective of the operator?  They spent a lot of time
> and money to install reactor water cleanup systems, and then spend a lot
> of
> time and money maintaining them, solely for the purpose of NOT releasing
> radioactive material in plant effluents.  That's how it's supposed to
> work.

**** Well, one would hope so. ****

Norm

--
Coalition for Peace and Justice
UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave, Linwood

"A time comes when silence is betrayal.
Even when pressed by the demands of
inner truth, men do not easily assume
the task of opposing their government's