[ RadSafe ] LNT : Hoopla : etc

Pete_Bailey at fpl.com Pete_Bailey at fpl.com
Fri Jul 1 21:30:34 CEST 2005

> CBS News Report - NO safe radiation

Yes, media hype

> should be happy that the risk levels fall in line with the existing
regulatory framework and therefore support the continued use of nuclear
technologies...

>So despite the hoopla which is being created, the numbers are the same LNT

values that have been around for at least a decade.

As an HP, it is nice to see that the risk didn't worsen !

> So why are we getting upset? Nothing has changed in 15 years.

Well, think back to the days when "Jaws" came to the screens.  Yup, just a
movie.
Ask any hotelier about their business the same summer . . .

So, what's that got to do with radiation, you ask . . .

TIMING !

Just as people were getting ready to re-accept nuclear power, once again we
tell them it's a dangerous thing !

Massive concrete buildings...must be a bad thing in there....

Later we add bigger security fences...must be a bad thing...
Then Sirens, etc....must be a dangerous thing...
Then more, lots more, Security...must be a real bad thing...

And Now We Remind Them : All Radiation Is BAD !

Funny, every time nuclear power becomes favorable, something reminds them
It's A Bad Thing.  After the public 'got over' TMI,,,,Chernobyl,,,,'bout
the time they started forgetting about the RBMK ,,,,Kirsk,,,,,well, that's
a faint memory,,,9-11-01 & nuke plants are next,,,,people started to
realize the plant ain't much of a target,,,,All Radiation Is Bad . . .

Oh, this 'reminder' of LNT doesn't help defending against any litigation
(over radiation induced problems) that may be pending or in progress . .
.Yup, the 'downwinders' and NY folks are gonna be thankful for the
additional horsepower on their side . . .

   "TB"