[ RadSafe ] re: new name for APS

Whitman, Richard T richard.t.whitman at dhs.gov
Wed Jul 6 21:02:41 CEST 2005

Concur heartily!

Subject:    RE: [ RadSafe ] re: new name for APS
Author:     radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl
Date:       7/6/2005 8:27 AM

       It might be proper to consider that this whole discussion that
       belittles the
       knowledge level of the public sounds just a little snobbish.
       Isn't one of
       our jobs as health physicists to educate the public rather than
       denigrating
       them? Yes, I get frustrated at public forums where citizens say
       things that
       are not based upon a scientific investigative approach, but
       Galileo,
       Copernicus, et al had to deal with highly educated people that
       held an
       opposing or irrational point of view. Let's spend more time
       thinking about &
       acting upon our mission to help people understand.